Transferring data to SalesForce cloud platform is a complicated and responsible process, that's why TechInLab pays special attention to it
To avoid possible problems, even before you start migrating data to SalesForce, you should perform a number of procedures. For example, inform your stakeholders - such as individual employees and department representatives - about the upcoming changes.
It is also important to define the SalesForce import scope, volume, and budget. There is a similar requirement for timing.
Another nuance is cleaning and sorting the data before the move. Cleanliness is a prerequisite for the integrity of workflows when migrating to SalesForce.
Recommendations when migrating data
- Check the data that has already been relocated: in stages, not at the moment when the data import is completed
- Сlean up the migrated data to avoid repetitions in the SalesForce ecosystem
- Follow the information management plan and adapt it to the new platform
Following the recommendations before and during the data migration process will save customers and implementers from potential issues and errors. The most common ones are inconsistency with the original budget, failure to meet deadlines, underestimating the complexity of the information, and questions about the quality of the imported information.
- Reviewing and, if necessary, deactivating workflows, triggers
- Importing by strict order
- Sandbox testing
- Information backup